COVID-19 Action Plan
Let’s work together to maintain a healthy environment!
The Big Fake Wedding is committed to creating a safe, healthy and enjoyable environment for all of our vendors and guests. This guide includes precautionary steps that comply with the Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide, which details what will be done to ensure the health and safety of our guests and vendors.
If you would prefer to party in your pajamas, you can register for a free digital swag bag with exclusive discounts and offers from small businesses among other wedding planning resources (cake not included).
Event Health & Safety Precautionary Logistics
Please, note that all guests must abide by these health and safety guidelines when attending The Big Fake Wedding. Guests unwilling to abide by the posted health and safety guidelines will kindly be asked to leave.
- Infrared Temperature Readers: All vendors and guests must agree to a temperature reading before entering the space. Anyone with a temperature reading over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to leave.
- Sanitizing Stations: The Big Fake Wedding will provide hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing hand wipes for guests.
- Face Covering: All vendors and guests must agree to wearing a face mask or covering during event set up and during the duration of the event. Masks must be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking.
- Registration Queue: Scheduled guest arrival times may be designated by The Big Fake Wedding Staff per ticket type and communicated prior to the event.
- Ticket Scanning: Our ticket scanning process is contactless with the use of QR scanners and barcode readers.
- Social Distancing: We ask that wherever possible, our vendors and guests do their part to maintain a distance of six feet from other attendees while at The Big Fake Wedding.
- Pre-event ticket holder and vendor communication will inform attendees of all safety guidelines required.
- Signage will be posted onsite to inform guests of our requirements, and the full list of health and safety guidelines will be on display at registration.
Sanitizing The Venue
The Big Fake Wedding and venue staff commit to sanitizing high-touch areas in both front-of-house and back-of-house during vendor set up and the live event. We will reference the sanitization checklist during the event. This list will be tailored to each individual venue we visit.
- Cabinet Handles
- Counter Surfaces
- Door Handles and Railings
- Elevator Buttons
- Light Switches
- Sink Handles
- Soap Dispensers
- The venue may be outfitted with social distancing line markers for food, beverage, restroom and registration lines.
- Ceremony seating will be spaced according to social distancing guidelines and grouped together for parties of two and four.
- Reception table chairs will be present for design purposes, but we encourage parties to sit socially distanced from other parties.
- Food and beverage stations will be served by a caterer with gloves.
- One-way foot traffic markers will be present where applicable.
A Note About Social Distancing
The goal of maintaining six feet (two meters) between people would become a distant secondary consideration if there is a clear and imminent danger requiring an emergency evacuation. Even during this pandemic, emergency egress plans should reflect that moving guests away from the most urgent hazard is the first order of business.
Additionally, the socially distanced objects are meant to combat prolonged exposure to another person who may have been in contact with the virus. For example, during the ceremony and reception, guests should acknowledge that milling about and navigating some aspects of the event will not be monitored or controlled. Guests will need to acknowledge that this is The Big Fake Wedding’s best attempt to create a safe and healthy environment for all, but they are attending at their own risk.