As you all know, The NotWedding is bridal show alternative in the form of a big, ole fake wedding. For you brides-to-be, your fiancés and your best friends, what does that mean? What can you expect? How in the world do you have a fabulous night out AND get the most out of this wedding planning experience?
By doing just what our founder, Callie, and one of our favorite brides-to-be, Laura, tell you to do in this video.
1.Bring someone fun with you. If your fiancé isn’t the type to appreciate décor or dancing, bring some bridesmaids or your mama!
2. Do your research. Check out the vendor team on our website before you come and make mental notes of who you would like to meet.
3. Use your vendor guide. We will provide you with a little booklet that outlines who did what at the event. Feel free to make notes about the things you really like and the people you really want to meet. If you like the design of table four, check the vendor guide to see who created it. If you like the music, the guide will give you the name of the band or DJ.
4. Cheers! Eat, drink and be merry. Our vendors are pulling out all of the stops to woo you so be sure to take advantage of all that they are offering. Take some time to tear up the dance floor before or after you enter the Tunnel of Love. Once we open that up, it will be available for the remainder of the night so don’t feel rushed to head over there.
5. Be prepared for a party and not a show. We want this to be interactive, not just something you sit and watch. So visit the photo booth, talk to other guests, and get on the dance floor!
6. Instagram us! Use #thenotwedding so we can see the event through your eyes. Heads up, we will often reward our favorite Instagrammer with a prize.
7. Spend time in the Tunnel of Love. This is the area where you can meet the vendors who produce the event and get a feel for their personalities. We will also give you a bag that you can use to “trick or treat” and collect freebies and marketing information from our vendors.
8. Opt-in to receive information from our vendors when RSVPing for tickets. Our vendors are great about sending low quantity, yet high quality emails. If you’re worried about email volume, we suggest that you create a free Gmail account just for your wedding. This way you can be sure to not miss out on any coupons or giveaways they might send.
9. Follow us on Facebook to see photos and video after the event. You met the photographers, but now you need to see their work!
10. Sign up for The Big Giveaway. You’ll get an entry for each current NotWedding vendor you book. We’ll choose winners at the end of the year to win incredible prizes like a fancy case of wine or a vacation in Thailand!
If we haven’t been able to party with you yet this year, we invite you to check out the rest of our 2014 schedule to find a city near you. Happy planning!