Calling all photographers (and videographers) from far and wide! We’ve got an opportunity for a retreat that we couldn’t help but pass along to you. A few members of our amazing vendor family, Jessica Gallo of Fine and Fleurie and photographer Buffy Dekmar, are teaming up with other industry vendors to create the ultimate photography retreat experience!
If you want some gorgeous new shots for your portfolio or website like the ones below (highlighting both Jessica and Buffy’s work) and make new vendor friends (friendors) and memories, this is just the opportunity for you. Read on for more details!
What: Retreat Gatherings
Retreat Gatherings are carefully curated working vacations, designed to bring like-minded female wedding artists together to be inspired and refreshed. It’s not a workshop, rather a way to call upon peers for suggestions and ideas, while also relaxing, making new friends, and creating beautiful imagery. Think “beautiful editorial photoshoot” meets “slumber party!” We will style and photograph portfolio-enriching shoots by day, and spend our evenings chatting style, business, branding, and voice (likely near a cozy fireplace with good formaggio/espresso/vino). The goal will be to help each attendee identify her strengths so that we each may build upon the qualities that set us apart from others to create outstanding brands that bring us closer to the clients who will really love our work.
Where: Rome, Italy
Be still, my beating heart…
When: December 10-12, 2013
So Italy…In the winter?? Sign me up, please. I think I just became a photographer.
Why: Because it will be awesome…and
Retreat gatherings are open to professional photographers of any skill/experience level and any style. The purpose of Retreat is to foster creative community and encourage each photographer to find and express her own voice in her work. Through a series of bonding activities, creative thrills, and portfolio enhancing photo shoots, this is sure to be an experience that will inspire each one of us long after we leave the Eternal City. (Note: Digital and film photographers are welcome. Those interested in experimenting with one medium or the other will have opportunities to do so.)
How Much: Some spare change?
Ok, $2400USD for a shared room or $2850 for a private room.
For what: Sooo Maaany Thiiiings
* accommodations at a luxury hotel in Rome, Italy
* breakfast, lunch, and dinner on each of the three days of the retreat
* a series of extravagant and relaxing surprises
* exclusive access to a private facebook community group, for post-retreat support and accountability
* international exposure
* portfolio value of two wedding-styled editorial shoots in Rome
* fresh new portraits by fellow photographers
* business-elevating advice, intensively based on your individual goals, desires and style
* hands-on experience with shooting film, discussion on integrating film into your workflow
* expert advice and guidance from Wedding Sparrow’s Sara Russell on shooting with publication in mind
* finding your voice and style as an artist and incorporating this into your branding and social media
* impacts of outsourcing and partnering with the appropriate vendors
* defining a target clientele and reaching those clients
* explorations in other creative media
Other contributing vendors include:
*Logo by Katie Hyatt of Signora e Mare.
*Jen Lewis of Pastel Makeup and Hair.
*Floral Designer Amy Bowley of Bo Boutique Flowers.
*UK Film Lab will be sponsoring Retreat Gatherings with some sweet film processing incentives.
*Beautiful gowns to photograph by the lovely Chaviano Couture.
*And of course we couldn’t do it without our lovely editorial partner, Wedding Sparrow!
So, I don’t know about you, but this sounds like just about the most fun and beneficial work vacation there could possibly be. We love and trust these ladies to do a fabulous job, so if you needed a third-party endorsement, consider your dreams endorsed!