Lucky for us, we’ve got expert advice from State + Arrow Design Co – both florists and coordinators. They’ll be our dream team day-of coordinators for The Big Fake Wedding Columbus this week. Today, they’re taking over the blog with advice on incorporating floral details that will add that extra pop!
State & Arrow Design Co. is a full-service floral and event design team, creating floral fun and festive gatherings in Columbus, OH, Louisville, KY, and beyond. They’re two best friends living the dream: working with clients who’ve got serious style and helping people throw the best party of their lives, all the while surrounded by beautiful flowers. Floral and event design is their bread and butter, holy grail, number one, but they do take on a limited number of full-service and destination events each year as well!
6 Floral Extras That Will Make Your Wedding
Here’s the dirty secret of Pinterest wedding pins: Many of them are styled inspiration shoots in which vendors (like us!) pour hours of hard work, thought, and money into the small squares you’re scrolling past. Often, the difference between those shoots and what you see in real-life weddings you may have attended, is the details. They thought of everything, didn’t they?
We’re here today to show you a few small (ok, and a couple big) things you can do that make a BIG difference in your wedding decor. These little details make it look like you put extra care and thought into making everything extra special – they take it up a notch.
1. A welcome to wow them. Kick it off with a fun touch that let’s them know they’re in for a great time. Balloons with a greenery garland, whimsical welcome signage florals, a dolled up water (or champagne!) station – all good ways to say “We’re so glad you’re here!”
2. Floral gathers for your cocktail tables. Cocktail tables are often overlooked, making them a great candidate for a little extra love.
3. A sprig of greenery or flower at each placesetting. This one is a little gesture that makes a big impact. And if you can combine it with your placecards? That’s what we call a win-win.
4. A dessert table that’s extra sweet. Instead of just setting a dessert table or escort board table, create a display. Go vertical and horizontal – give them somethin’ to look at! Simple or grand, a backdrop goes a long way in making a table “pop!”
4. A bar that’s more than booze. Guests spend A LOT of time at the bar. Add a simple garland or a few small arrangements to make it extra pretty.
5. A sweetheart or head table that pulls out all of the stops. Even if you decide to go understated on the rest of your guest tables, make a statement where you’ll be sitting – you’ll likely have a lot of pictures taken in this spot!
This list is a great starting point, but if you’ve already hired a florist, you’ve got another great resource at your disposal. Ask them to help you come up with one or two ideas to add some wow factor and watch them work!
How are you planning to take it up a notch? Are you doing any of the above? We’d love to hear how you’re making magic on your big day!
Adria & Jamie
Emily Scott (1) | Kim Box Photography (2) | Jose Villa (3) | Magnolia Market (4) | This Modern Romance (5) | Rylee Hitchner Photography (6) | Brittany Dow Photography (7) | Onelove Photography (8) | Jana Williams (9) | Rachel Joy Baransi (10) | Kaytee Lauren (11)
More from State & Arrow Design Co.: